[U-Boot] errno.h header -> asm-generic?

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Tue Jun 30 15:55:08 CEST 2009

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 13:55 Tue 30 Jun     , Stefan Roese wrote:
>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> On Tuesday 30 June 2009 12:00:55 Michal Simek wrote:
>>> I found that Microblaze miss errno.h file among some other minor fault
>>> which I want to fix.
>>>
>>> Anyway I looked at errno.h header file for all arch which are in U-BOOT and
>>> I found that almost all arch use the same file that's why I think that will
>>> be good to create (maybe asm-generic) folder with these type of generic
>>> file.
>>>
>>> What do you think guys?
>> Yes, I would welcome such a errno.h consolidation.
> ditto

I have just sent patch to mailing list.

Some my comments:

MIPS has incompatible errno.h that's why I don't remove it - it is up to custodian.

NIOS, NIOS2, i386 don't have errno.h is asm folder -> this mean for me that they don't
need it. If yes, let me know.

Some archs define EDEADLOCK to 58 and some as EDEADLK. I looked at Linux kernel
and there is EDEADLK that's why I added this implementation is asm-generic.
#define	EDEADLOCK	58	/* File locking deadlock error */
#define	EDEADLOCK	EDEADLK

Some arch defined these 5 macros below - they are not used in U-BOOT that's why I removed them.

/* Should never be seen by user programs */
#define ERESTARTSYS	512
#define ERESTARTNOINTR	513
#define ERESTARTNOHAND	514	/* restart if no handler.. */
#define ENOIOCTLCMD	515	/* No ioctl command */

#define _LAST_ERRNO	515

Please test this change carefully. If you have any problem let me know.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)