[U-Boot] DDR2 configuration in MPC85xx

Fredrik Arnerup fredrik.arnerup at edgeware.tv
Thu May 14 19:49:02 CEST 2009

> The tlb settings looks fine (debbug in setup_ddr_tlbs()):
>
> ram_tlb_address: 0x0, ram_tlb_address: 0x0, ram_tlb_index: 0x8, tlb_size:
0xa
> ram_tlb_address: 0x40000000, ram_tlb_address: 0x40000000, ram_tlb_index:
0x9, tlb_size: 0xa

"tlb_size: 0xa" is _not_ fine.

Quoting the 8540 reference manual:

"Translation size. Defines the TLB entry page size. For arrays that contain
fixed-size TLB entries, TSIZE
is ignored. For variable page size arrays, the page size is 4^TSIZE Kbytes.
Note that although the
Freescale Semiconductor Book E standard supports all 16 page sizes defined
in Book E, the e500
supports only the following:
0001 4 Kbyte
0010 16 Kbyte
0011 64 Kbyte
0100 256 Kbyte
0101 1 Mbyte
0110 4 Mbyte
0111 16 Mbyte
1000 64 Mbyte
1001 256 Mbyte"

See my patch for this in "PATCH: bugfix for reading maximum TLB size on
mpc85xx"

/Fredrik Arnerup