[U-Boot] MPC8536DS Evaluation Board Force DDR Setting cannot be done properly

AgarwalAshish ashish.g at teldevice.co.jp
Fri May 15 09:26:45 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I am Ashish Agarwal.

Currently i am working on the MPC8536DS Freescale Development system evaluation and the Uboot development for a customized board.

Problem 1 : DDR Force setting
when i try to force setting of DDR parameter over 8536DS board through the
    #define CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM           -> #undef CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM
    #define CONFIG_DDR_SPD              -> #undef CONFIG_DDR_SPD

the compile giver me error about "CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM is required" as this is written at the bottom place of include/configs/MPC8536ds.h file

becuase we want to set forcly DDR parameters so I commented these lines too
#ifndef CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM
#error ("CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM is required") #endif
DDR Force parameter were set as they were set when i complied the source with SPD setting. [Dumped from the Uboot].
They have to work for Force DDR setting too ;)   but they are not working.

I was able to compile the souce and dowloading of uboot to the FLASH. but ubootis stuck in between.

I stuck somewhere arround
"realocate_code" the next step of u-boot print statements where i am reaching upto is
"Now Running in RAM- U-Boot at: %0x ".

and as i am not able to debugg u-boot via the CW it is paining me to get rid out of this all stuff.

[UBoot Debug for the MPC8536DS is not rleased yet they might be supported in 8.8.3 version of CW :( ]

though i had done DDR parameter work for the VxWorks OS DDR Parameter setting [so i now how to calculate those]

--> is it the source problem ??
     The DDR parameter settings via "phys_size_t fixed_sdram(void)" function. or it is the other issue ??
   is i am missing something.

<<    <<<    <<<  <<<   - V -   >>>  >>>   >>>   >>

	CPU	: MPC8536DS [Freescale PoerPC]
	UBOOT 	: U-Boot 1.3.4
	Kernel	: Linux 2.6.26

Any help or comments are highly appreciable.

以上につきまして、ご確認の上宜しくお願い致します。
--
Ashish
 E-MAIL : ashish.g at teldevice.co.jp