[U-Boot] Uboot porting Cloning an existing board/processor configuration : Link errors

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:54:42 CEST 2009

Hi All,
 I am trying to clone the configuration of a board already exiting in
U-boot in an effort to port u-boot to  this board.

I changed the following files
Makefile - To copy the config rule  for the corresponding board.
created a directory for the new board in the "board" directory and
copied over all the files in the directory(cp -a).

The issue is although the compile  works fine, during linking,  the
linker tries to look for the cloned boardfile name when it searches
for the corresponding board library -lib<board.a>. The following error
is thrown:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot find
board/freescale/mx31_3stack/libmx31ads.a

Here mx31ads is my cloned board not my board. i know this is done by
the $BOARD variable but i was unable to quickly track where in the
config.mk's/Makefile it still tries to look for the cloned boards
library.
Any quick hints will be appreciated.

Thanks.