[U-Boot] dts support in u-boot

anupbehare at gmail.com anupbehare at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:01:28 CET 2009

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the information.

Please find my understanding about dts:
1. I will have to create board specific *.dts file.
2. Need to download latest dtc compiler.
3. Compile dts file using dtc compiler which will generate *.dtb file
4. Enable following macros in u-boot code
#define CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT
#define CONFIG_OF_BOARD_SETUP
5. Apart from these macros no code changes in u-boot source code.

Thanks,
Anup B.