[U-Boot] autoscr command failure saveenv dataflash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 4 21:07:52 CEST 2009

Dear Rainer,

In message <NDBBKLDECLOIHFJKBINAGECGEKAA.Berns at BEKA-Elektronik.de> you wrote:

> the reason for this problem is the definition of
>
> #define DATAFLASH_BUSY			0x00
> #define DATAFLASH_OK			0x01
> in the file /include/dataflash.h.
>
> All functions return DATAFLASH_OK and in the file /common/cmd_nvedit.c
>
> function do_saveenv()
>
> return (saveenv() ? 1 : 0);
>
> than cause an error.
>
> I have modified it to return (saveenv() == 1 ? 0 : 1);
>
> and this works for my, but i'am not sure if this is the best way of fixing
> the problem.

I really would like to get this problem fixed. Can you please submit
your changes as a patch (including especially your Signed-off-by:
line); please see http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches for details.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
SW engineering is a race between programmers trying  to  make  better
idiot-proof programs and the universe producing greater idiots.