[U-Boot] AT91RM9200 deprecated Ethernet driver

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:33:57 CEST 2009

Hi Jens,

Jens Scharsig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> at current git all AT91RM9200 based boards have the "Ethernet driver is deprecated" warning.
> I have read anywhere, there are plans to join the AT91 and the 9200 driver.
> Is there someone work on this or will AT91RM9200 driver ported in soon.

I don't have any familiarity with either of these, but a cursory
inspection shows me that most AT91 chips use the MACB driver.  I don't
see much in similarities between the MACB driver and the 9200 driver, so
don't know if joining them makes sense.  I don't remember any discussion
about this - can you send a pointer?

Is there a chance that you can port the AT91RM9200 driver to the
NET_MULTI API?  Mike Frysinger just submitted a document detailing the
process (doc/README.drivers.eth)  I've done this with several drivers
and it's not very hard.
> We wanted to publish a new board without the deprecated drivers
>
> Best regards
>
> Jens Scharsig
>
> _

regards,