[U-Boot] Problems with NetConsole II

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 8 09:50:34 CEST 2009

Dear alex889,

In message <25799667.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to run NetConsole, listen for incoming messages for 1 sec, and
> continue according to the message type.
> On the other side (PC) i'm sending a broadcast message on port 6666 every
> 250 ms.
> What i see is a very unstable behaviour

Whiich exact version of U-Boot are you running?

Which architecture / cpu / board is this?

Is nc working stable for you in interactive mode?

Are you for example able to copy & paste a long line (say, > 70
characters) as input, and is this read correctly by U-Boot?

> Sometimes i get nothing, sometime only part of the message, and sometimes it
> fails to continue..

"It fails to continue" makes zero sense to me. What fails?

> 	if((get_timer(0) - timeStart) > 5000)

Did you never wonder what the argument to get_timer() is used for?

Why not simply

	if (get_timer(timeStart) > 5000)

?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Being schizophrenic is better than living alone.