[U-Boot] V2 of OMAP3 USB device Support

Tom Rix tom at bumblecow.com
Sun Oct 11 18:52:43 CEST 2009

Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:

>> The technical change is better handling of address setting on the
>> usb handshaking setup phase.
>>
>> Other changes from Jean's comments
>>
>> 2/8 USB add macros for debugging usb device setup.
>>
>> static inline function replacing debug macros
>>
>> 3/8 TWL4030 Add usb PHY support
>>
>> add empty lines between variables and statements
>> other empty lines added for readablity
>>
>> 4/8 OMAP3 Add usb device support
>>
>> 80+ char lines reduced
>> Used MUSB_FLAGS_PRINT macro suggestion
>> lowercased function names
>> multi-lined ep0_state_enum
>> Used suggestion on udelay to 1000 * 1000
>> add empty lines between variables and statements
>> inverted check of ep0_urb->device_request.wLength
>> other empty lines added for readablity
>>
>> 5/8 OMAP3 zoom1 Add usbtty configuration
>>
>> This was ack-ed by Jean
>>
>> 6/8 OMAP3 beagle Add usbtty configuration
>>
>> This was ack-ed by Jean
>>
>> 8/8 OMAP3 zoom2 Use usbtty if the debug board
>>
>> cleanup using usbtty_* functions or their stubs without #define's
>
> Tom,
>
> Some of these clearly say that they were Ack-ed by Jean.
>
> Did he not push them?

Because there were issues with other patches in the patch-set,
these were not pushed.

> How do we want to proceed with this set of patches?

There is some changes that may effect davinci.
You should verify that davici targets behave the same.

I believe someone on beagle.org has verified that at least
the usb console works for beagle.  There was an issue with
kermit over usbtty that was reported.  I do not consider
this to be a blocking issue.  More verification that
the patch works for other poeople would be helpful.

The top usb patch is general and should really be reviewed
as a USB change.

These patches are the basis for my current usb development
to get the cdc gadget support from the usb topic branch into
the mainline.

So if changes are needed, it would be good to find out about
them sooner rather than later when I have more code dependent
on them.

Tom