[U-Boot] Linux seamless booting

Fortini Matteo matteo.fortini at mta.it
Mon Oct 12 15:54:59 CEST 2009

Yes, that's what we're currently using, but the problem is a little
broader: I should answer to CAN messages in at most 100-200ms from
powerup, and that can be done in u-boot.
However, handing CAN transmission control over to Linux is quite
complicated nowadays, since it would involve passing structures in
memory and hacking through device init.
It'd be nice to have a framework with which u-boot could hand-over
devices to Linux in a clean and defined way.
We were thinking about starting some kind of development in that
direction, but with very little resources, so I was looking for someone
who had looked at the same problem.

Thanks,
Matteo