[U-Boot] Debugging NAND boot with BDI3000 on U-boot

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 01:55:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am a rookie as far as NAND boot debugging is concerned. I have
remote gdb working just fine. I wish to single step from the point the
macro for nand load starts(assembly code). (nand_load).
To do that, i set a instruction breakpoint on BDI3000 using the "BI"
command. looks like the cpu entered debug mode but i get a "GDB: read
data abort ignored" on the BDI command line interface. I am not
familiar with that message. Here's a snapshot of what i am getting:

TARGET: Reset sequence passed
TARGET: resetting target passed
TARGET: processing target startup ....
TARGET: processing target startup passed
GDB: read data abort ignored

Myboard>info
 Core number       : 0
 Core state        : debug mode (ARM)
 Debug entry cause : Vector Catch (PREFETCH ABORT
 Current PC        : 0x598524fc
 Current CPSR      : 0x000001d3 (Supervisor)
Myboard>ti
 Core number       : 0
 Core state        : debug mode (ARM)
 Debug entry cause : Debug Request
 Current PC        : 0x1001ffcc
 Current CPSR      : 0x000001d7 (Abort)

Are there any cheat sheets available for NAND boot debugging with U-boot?

Thanks  in advance for your help!

-Alfred