[U-Boot] Running u-boot without relocation to RAM?

Kraitschy, Tobias tobias.kraitschy at siemens.com
Tue Oct 13 10:39:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I´m working on running U-Boot from a Leon3-System on an evaluation board from Actel. Some GPIO and "Hello World" programs are already running.

Now I created the necessary files for my board/sytem and compiling of U-Boot goes well, but starting this application nothing is happening on the serial terminal. After checking my U-Boot and system configuration again, I think that my very small RAM area of only 16 kB might be the problem while U-Boot relocates itself to RAM at startup.

So is it possible to completly disable the relocation process at startup and run U-Boot with having opcode in PROM and data in RAM? If yes, how could I achieve this?

I already tried to remove the corresponding code in the start.S and searched the README for switches, but without success.

Best regards,

Tobias Kraitschy