[U-Boot] Question on EON EN29LV160B Flash Memory

SETTE AGOSTINO - technolabs Agostino.Sette at technolabs.it
Wed Oct 14 11:20:21 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am going to prepare a new U-Boot with a HW which has on board an EON EN29LV160B Flash Memory. As far as I see in the
latest U-Boot tree this kind of FLASH is not yet managed but anyhow I found some infos on EON manufacturer into the file
u-boot/include/flash.h and more exactly

 173 /* Manufacturers inside bank 1 have ids like 0x01xx01xx */
 174 #define EON_MANUFACT    0x011C011C      /* EON     manuf. ID in D23..D16, D7..D0 */

I have an EON EN29LV160B Flash Memory datasheet and on the Manufacturer ID I have different infos which indicate differente values,
as here reported

 173 /* Manufacturers inside bank 1 have ids like 0x7Fxx7Fxx */
 174 #define EON_MANUFACT    0x7F1C7F1C      /* EON     manuf. ID in D23..D16, D7..D0 */

Is this correct?
Furthermore, if I would like to add this kind of flash I have to modify, add the flash type/config, the file

u-boot/drivers/mtd/jedec_flash.c

or

u-boot/drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c

Thanks in advance.