[U-Boot] Booting automatically a binary image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 14 15:28:13 CEST 2009

Dear Ivan Llopard,

In message <fb3fdbe90910140546w1863aee2obf48ec8ed1438bd4 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'd like to know how to configure u-boot in order to boot automatically a
> binary image, so when i reset my board i can get my program running. What
> code is important in order to do it? or where can i get a reference?

I suggest you start reading the manual, see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

Pay special attention to the parts that describe the use of
environment variables, and there especially the sections about the
"bootcmd" variable. It may also help to read about the "setenv" and
"saveenv" commands.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.
	-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3