[U-Boot] u-boot next - rc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 14 21:34:09 CEST 2009

Dear Poonam,

In message <1BD5CFC378ED0946B688E0C9BA2EF0952BD014 at zin33exm24.fsl.freescale.net> you wrote:

> Still waiting for an answer on this.

Um.. so what? Ther eis no rule whn rc's have to be issued. We do this
when they are reasy. That's all.

> We are about to make a BSP release for P2020RDB platform, and hence
> waiting for the next u-boot rc baselined, so that the P2020RDB support
> can be pulled.

That makes zero sense to me. You should base your release on either
the previous (v2009.08) or on the upcoming (v2009.11) release,
Otherwise you can use _any_ commit you like. The "rc" tags are in no
way better than other commits - actually they are almost certainly
worse than any of the later, untagged commits.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
: ... and it's got weird formatting - Notepad, Write, Works  3  can't
: decipher it, and it's too big to go in DOS Edit. Help!
Install an operating system. :-)                  -- Tom Christiansen