[U-Boot] TI DA8xx/OMAP-L1x support in U-Boot

Thompson, Nick (GE EntSol, Intelligent Platforms) Nick.Thompson at gefanuc.com
Thu Oct 15 14:10:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

First post here, so apologies up front...

I was wondering what the status of support for DA8xx in u-boot is. Is
anyone working on that?

The reason I ask is that I have made an initial port for the TI da830
evm board which seems to be working (serial, ethernet dhcp & tftp and
i2c tested) and seems capable of booting Linux at least.

It is based on GPL code from several sources, not least of which is from
TI's old 1.3.3 version of u-boot, but I have updated it to support
CONFIG_NET_MULTI and sorted out the padding changes in the ns16550
driver CONFIGs. It uses already present davinci drivers where possible.

I have interest in getting at least USB and NAND support working as well
- maybe SPI FLASH too - and will work on that as access to hardware
allows.

My git tree is up to date, but I'm new to git too, so I have no idea how
to dump a patch.

Regardless, I wanted to check I'm not treading on anyone's toes first
and to gauge interest, especially as TI appear to have done some work on
this in the past.

Bye,
Nick.