[U-Boot] TI DA8xx/OMAP-L1x support in U-Boot

Paulraj, Sandeep s-paulraj at ti.com
Thu Oct 15 16:48:32 CEST 2009

I know U-boot 1.3.4 for DM365 does not do that
> puts data in the OOB
> area on 2K page devices and only supports ECC1.
U-boot 1.3.4 for D355 and DM365 has 4 bit ECC.
> I'm concerned that all
> these things will come back to bite me later.
I am working on that. Much of the NANd driver is already there (I already submitted patches for that including changes to the MTD NAND driver, they have been accepted already), for example 4 bit ECC support, etc. I have to submit a follow up patch which is pending from my side from quite some time.

I believe the reason why 1.3.3 has 1 bit ECC support is because the default daughter card which had a NAND device needed only that because it was a small page device.

> Thanks for the pointer to the u-boot-ti tree. I will rebase my changes
> against that and try to split my diff up into patches smaller than the
> current 137kB. Should I use this mailing list, or another one, for RFC
> submission?
Please use this list only.

You can start of by doing what I did for DM6467. I added just a skeleton support. I am now beginning to add features.

> Thanks,
> Nick.

Thanks,
Sandeep