[U-Boot] davinci_dm355evm_config -make error

Paulraj, Sandeep s-paulraj at ti.com
Sun Oct 18 15:13:01 CEST 2009

> Hi all
>
> The u-boot ti git source code (u-boot-ti)  does not seem to build for
> the dm355evm.
I am using an image from that source on my EVM. Nevertheless I tried to build again and it worked.

> I'm getting  a "lowlevel_init.S:619:2: error: #error
> "Unknown DDR configuration!!!"
> after :
> make davinci_dm355evm_config
> make

This filed gets used only when you want low level init to happen.
In the default config we have CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT. If we do not have this then the lowlevel_init.S gets compiled. Looks like you have removed this flag.

The error is because it expects a flag(DDR_4BANKS or DDR_8BANKS) to be set if we want to use this file.