[U-Boot] DM9000 issue in DM355

Paulraj, Sandeep s-paulraj at ti.com
Mon Oct 19 23:39:38 CEST 2009

Ben,

I was taking a closer look at the DM9000 driver by trying it on the DM355 EVM. And it behaving a little different from before, i.e before we moved to the NET_MULTI stuff.

When the board comes after I reflash with a new U-boot image, I no longer see the ethaddr being set. But when I do a tftp I can see the ethaddr being read. tftp complains and says no ethaddr set.

So then I goto the U-Boot prompt and can clearly see that after giving the tftp command I have the ethaddr in my environment.

I do a saveenv and set a static ip and then can boot the kernel.

Even dhcp command does not work and times out.

Is there any CONFIG flag I am missing?

Just a couple months ago the DM9000 worked fine without any such issues.

Thanks,
Sandeep