[U-Boot] trouble with u-boot and bist fail on pcie adapter

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Oct 20 10:25:49 CEST 2009

Hi Ayman,

On Monday 19 October 2009 18:19:47 ayman at elkhashab.com wrote:
> Per your suggestion, we tried setting the delay (and observed a delay),
> but the outcome did not change.  The BIST still got set to fail and
> caused the board to become unresponsive, and thus Linux fails the detection
> later.  FWIW, we've tried both with and without switches in between with no
> change in the behavior.  We observe the transactions on a lecroy pcie
> analyzer.

OK, thanks for reporting.

> I suppose one question that lingers in my mind is why does u-boot do
> anything other than just configure the IO/MEM bars?  Is there some specific
> reason it is touching the BIST controls?

Could you please check the 4xx PCIe code (cpu/ppc4xx/4xx_pcie.c), where
exactly the BIST is "touched". A quick scan through the source didn't reveal
such an access to me. Could be I missed it though.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de