[U-Boot] Write operation for USB storage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 22 13:20:55 CEST 2009

Dear Prafulla Wadaskar,

In message <73173D32E9439E4ABB5151606C3E19E202F1D36AE1 at SC-VEXCH1.marvell.com> you wrote:

> I can use fatload or ext2load to read from USB storage
> My need is to write to a storage over USB interface.
>
> With reference to this link https://lists.one-eyed-alien.net/pipermail/usb-storage/2008-May/003665.html
>
> Is there any interface available or under development in U-boot to write on USB storage device either raw or through some file system?

As Markus mentioned, there is no write support for USB devices yet.
Nor is there write support for any of the file systems supported by
U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Software entities are more complex for their size  than  perhaps  any
other human construct because no two parts are alike. If they are, we
make  the  two  similar parts into a subroutine -- open or closed. In
this respect, software  systems  differ  profoundly  from  computers,
buildings, or automobiles, where repeated elements abound.
                                                   - Fred Brooks, Jr.