[U-Boot] hush while confusion

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 22 15:29:13 CEST 2009

Dear "David Collier",

In message <memo.20091022142208.2092E at postmaster+dexdyne.com.cix.co.uk> you wrote:

> OK I have changed it to
>
> while 1==1 ; do ; mmcinit && ext2load mmc 0:1 0x10400000  /boot/uImage &&
> bootm 0x10400000 ; done
>
> and if I do run bootcmd it simply says "unknown command 1==1"
>
> so I'm still lost....

Well, this is not valid shell syntax. Bash will reject this, too:

	bash: 1==1: command not found

[after correcting the other syntax errors, or course(

> I failed to find a proper manual... probably for lack of effort, but I've
> just googled again and nothing springs up..

So just use standard POSIX scripting, and/or try the syntax in a real
shell.

> Could you possibly point me at any hush documentation ?

I'm afraid there ain't any. But - what for? It's just a shell ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Winners never talk about glorious victories. That's  because  they're
the  ones  who  see  what the battlefield looks like afterwards. It's
only the losers who have glorious victories.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_