[U-Boot] Help on U-Boot and Linux integration on PPC cpus

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini.ml at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:50:08 CEST 2009

Hi Ml,

I'm working on a ppc8541 based board. I ported the U-boot board just creationg
a "strip-down" version of frescale8541 board (I don't use TSEC and Quicc,
...)-
My next task is to have the first boot with linux and I'm a lot confused by fdt
usage.

In the past I always worked on mips based SoC and the ppc is a new world for
me, then my apologies for my stupid questions.

I have a couple of (trivial) question/doubts  regarding the fdt usage:

1) I created my dts/dtb (exentially copying a 8541 board): How can this object
be used by u-boot? should I copy it into the flash (for example)?
2) is there a how-to or a survey regarding the fdt usage into u-boot (and
linux kernel)?

thanks for help,

luigi

--