[U-Boot] ping default behaviour

David Collier from_denx_uboot at dexdyne.com
Fri Oct 23 19:59:00 CEST 2009

> > No, that's not a good default behavior for everybody, for several
> > reasons.
>  The only one I'll mention here is that 'ping' is a ubiquitous
> utility that
> everybody knows and changing its behavior would be confusing at
> best.

Hmmmm.. well if I'm defining it's behaviour in a circumstance where it
would normally error and stop, I can hardly see anyone would lose much...
but if you say so....

> If you want to do something like this, use an environment variable
> like (untested):
>
> # setenv myping 'ping $serverip'

an excellent suggestion, and probably a good way to go.

I haven't tried running on environment variable from another - I assume
it works...

TVM