[U-Boot] CAN console

Matthias Weißer weisserm at arcor.de
Mon Oct 26 13:20:03 CET 2009

Mike Frysinger schrieb:
> you would rather write a driver that is specific to one CAN hardware ?

In general? No, I wouldn't. I would use a given CAN driver framework
where I put my CAN driver in.

In this specific case: I think I would, as there is currently no CAN
framework available in u-boot.

Is there any chance that the stuff posted by miaofng will be available
in u-boot-next?

> writing it to a common framework would allow every one with a CAN driver to
> use it ...

Yes. I totally agree here. And if there is a chance that there will be a
CAN framework in u-boot in not to far future I will write my stuff
against that.

I think I am not deep enough in u-boot that I will be able to write such
a framework by myself.

Ragards,
Matthias Weißer