[U-Boot] why there is no code boot from nand flash?

kevin.morfitt at fearnside-systems.co.uk kevin.morfitt at fearnside-systems.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 13:49:56 CET 2009

On 26/10/2009 09:41, Jello huang wrote:
> Dear list,
> why is there no code boot from nand flash and nor flash  in / cpu / arm920t
> / start.S?
> I am puzzle. anybody can show me some reason?

I guess because people who use arm920t boards with 'standard' u-boot don't boot
from NAND, or if they do, they haven't submitted their patches to add NAND boot
support into u-boot. I've only used the Embest SBC2440-II Board (I haven't got
all the patches accepted so it's not supported yet) and I boot from NOR flash.

Kevin