[U-Boot] Low BogoMIPS on MPC8541

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 29 11:36:07 CET 2009

Dear Jens Gehrlein,

In message <4AE94201.8000302 at tqs.de> you wrote:

> Seems that the value is about a tenth of the core frequency.
> I observed similar on TQM8548. Although I know, that the value
> is bogus (as the name tells), do you know the reason, why it
> isn't the core frequency?

Please read the FAQ:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/BogoMIPSValueTooLow

(especially entry 2)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
      Bugs are by far the largest and  most successful class of
      entity, with nearly a million known species. In this res-
      pect they outnumber all the other  known  creatures about
      four to one.  -- Professor Snope's Encyclopedia of Animal