[U-Boot] Best way of making some drivers common across kirkwood and orion5x SoCs?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Oct 31 16:12:27 CET 2009

Wolfgang Denk a écrit :

 > "soc.h" is eventually a too generic name.

I'd actually chosen it "as generic as" the 'cpu.h' file which already
exists in the kirkwood arch (and others), but making it more specific is
ok, as long as it is not as specific as 'kirkwood' -- see below for an
alternate proposal.

 > Please don't use symlinks.

I've already started with replacing the file rather than symlinking, so
that's fine with me.

 >> Would this approach be clean enough to be considered for inclusion
in mainline?

 > Yes, except for the "soc.h" name. And no links, please.

Would a name such as "marvell.h" be more acceptable? This would be
consistent with my intent to replace kirkwood references with marvell
ones in all non-kirkwood-specific symbols, e.g. kikwood_egiga_initialize
would become marvell_egiga_initialize etc.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.