[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

Frank Svendsbøe frank.svendsboe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:38:58 CEST 2010

> But when flash is getting detected it shows the chipwidth is 8 and portwidth
> is 16. If you see the logs in earlier mail it is like
> found port 2 chip 1 port 16 bits chip 8 bits. Is it correct or wrong?

Check the nBYTE pin on the Spansion flash. For 16bit operation, it
should be connected to 3.3V.

>>> Again, please use the mainline CFI driver and give it another try.
> I can not use the current code as we have to use the present code for some
> reason. I believe the uboot code 2009.08, I am using, must also support the
> S29GL512P chip.

We used the S29GL512P on 2009.08 too, so the problem is probably not
related to wrong version of U-Boot.
Your BDI configuration is the same we use, except for the ERASE command.

With an uninitialized memory controller, the CS0 is probably visible
at address 0x0. So the ERASE should be
ERASE 0x0 0x20000 512

Regards,
Frank