[U-Boot] u-boot-x86

sk ong sk.ong8918 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 17:40:43 CEST 2010

Graeme,

I am not familiar with device driver for embedded Linux, but
I think the Linux device driver for Atom currently still use the BIOS alike
support at least in the booting phase.

I think there may be a challenge to port the device driver (video, SATA,
ethernet, etc.) to use in uboot from one Atom to another different Atom,
unless uboot can reuse directly the device option rom that provides the int
services and the device driver that uses the int services in the booting
phase. I assume coreboot will be able to have such reuse. However I still
see a value to uboot (without PC support) for deeply embedded application
using certain Atom.

Thanks,
SK