[U-Boot] [TEST] arm:board_init_f(): mirror BSS and check after each init_fnc()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 1 13:35:30 CET 2010

Dear Albert ARIBAUD,

In message <4CF63345.9020006 at free.fr> you wrote:
> > I can not recommend a proper place for all boards cause this parameter
> > is highly is board specific.
>
> Understood -- each board maintainer must select an adapted location
> for the mirror.

I'm not conviced that ech board maintainer should do that, and I
somewhat doubt the approach taken.

The main purpose of the patch (as I see it) is to find out which
functions might be candidates to write to bss too early.  There is not
that much board specific code involved there.

If we can generate a slist of functions that are called before
relocation, we can use nm to check if these refernce any sumbols in
bss. We could even generate black / white lists.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme