[U-Boot] arm926ejs, timer:

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Mon Dec 13 01:27:43 CET 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk,
> Dear Reinhard Meyer,
>
> In message<4D01EA19.8070200 at emk-elektronik.de>  you wrote:
>> Sorry for the noise, but...

>>> maybe "unify" last{inc,dec} into last_hw ? Because they are supposedly the
>>> last (hardware) decrementer/incrementer values from the previous call.
>>>
>> define 4 u32's in the generic part:
>>
>> u32	timer_use1;
>> u32	timer_use2;
>> u32	timer_use3;
>> u32	timer_use4;
>
> NAK.  Please let's agree on common names.  Eventually we will even
> come up with a common implementation later (with just arch-specific
> "accessor" routines).

Replace "arch" by "SoC" here! ARM itself does not have a timer (in contrast to
powerpc where tbu,tbl is part of the architecture) !

Then its a bad idea to take tbu,tbl out of the #ifdef AT91FAMILY part
when all other ARM timer implementations do not use tbu.

Its simple to NAK attempts to come up with "common" names that are NOT
misnomers on some implementations... tbu, tbl are certainly misnomers on all
non AT91 timer implementations...

Reinhard