[U-Boot] Fixing IXP42x boards - some general questions

Michael Schwingen rincewind at discworld.dascon.de
Thu Dec 23 19:25:04 CET 2010

Am 12/23/2010 12:28 PM, schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:

>>> I say in any case don't use them before running from RAM; and if you can
>>> avoid them in u-boot without incurring a huge performance penalty, I
>>> would suggest avoiding them altogether.
>> Fine with me. I got the non-interrupt code running, and will simply
>> leave the (broken) interrupt code as is if that is OK.
> Maybe it would be better to remove it. If someone really feels the need
> to revive it, they can copy back it from a previous commit where it
> still exists.
OK. It seems the interrupt code is more broken than I thought - the
udelay implementation relies on a variable that is set *before*
relocation - in BSS.

Rather than trying to fix this, I will remove the broken parts.

I'll do some more cleanup next week, test all boards I have here, and
post patches for review.

cu
Michael