[U-Boot] Problem to link u-boot for sh2a 7203

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu iwamatsu at nigauri.org
Mon Feb 8 09:10:02 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/2/6 Fabio Giovagnini <fabio.giovagnini at aurion-tech.com>:
> Hi All,
> I can compile u-boot for rsk7203_config.
> But into the file board/renesas/rsk7203/config.mk
>
> TEXT_BASE = 0x0C7C0000
>
> and if I read u-boot.srec that is the result of building process I see that
> the address spce of the code is starting from 0x0C7C0000
>
> On my board I have 32 bit SDRAM at such an address, and even if I could
> uxecute the program using an emulator initializing in place of me the BSC,
> how can I flash at 0x00000000 (start address of NOR flash) my bootloader?
> How can I link the loader so that I can flash the code into my NOR flash and
> using a part of SDRAM I have to run the bootloader?

Could you check doc/README.sh ?

    ** README **
        In SuperH, S-record and binary of made u-boot work on the memory.
        When u-boot is written in the flash, it is necessary to change the
        address by using 'objcopy'.
        ex) shX-linux-objcopy -Ibinary -Osrec u-boot.bin u-boot.flash.srec

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

--
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu