[U-Boot] enabling watchdog timer

piper.guy1 piper.guy1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 20:36:25 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm using an at91sam9260ek board. I configured a watchdog driver in my
kernel only to find out that u-boot turns it off. Seaching the information
in u-boot I came across some ambiguous information about keeping the
watchdog ON.

The big top level README files says I need to define CONFIG_WATCHDOG, but
the README.at91 in /doc says to define CONFIG_AT91SAM9_WATCHDOG and
CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG.  In watchdog.h it says that CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG and
CONFIG_WATCHDOG both cannot be defined at the same time. Whats magic
combination?

Also in 'README.at91', reference is made to make sure that the watchdog in
AT91Bootstrap is not disabled.  Where's 'AT91Bootstrap'? I thought I found
where it's disabled in 'cpu/arm926ejs/at91/lowlevel_init.s', but this files
doesn't even get compiled and I can't figure out where the watchdog is
disabled. Can someone point me to where this occurs?

Is there an easier approach to what I'm trying to do?

Regards,
/carl h.