[U-Boot] Problem executing hello world as specified on wiki

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 22 09:27:25 CET 2010

Dear Vipul Jain,

In message <b178b0fc1002212126o5ebe538bqca46310151cb0355 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Some of the things that I have tried and would like to  share with you.

Please re-read the documentation, carefully.

> 2. as mine is ARM, I know that only file I am interested in is
> examples/standalone/hello_world
>     why? because its in ARM ELF format.

Wrong. The "go" command expects a raw binary image, it cannot handle
ELF files.

> 3. Now that I know the load addr, start addr and right hello_world file to
> use, I did the following

Wrong. You do not know, you assume. And probably your assumpions are
wrong. You must CHECK if your assumptions are correct. Check the
linker command that was used to link your program. Follow the advice
in the FAQ to determine the entry point address.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In general, they do what you want, unless you want consistency.
                                    - Larry Wall in the perl man page