[U-Boot] U-Boot Crashes with Dumps

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Jan 14 11:24:46 CET 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 10:39:57 anupbehare at gmail.com wrote:
> now as I am getting u-boot prompt that means DDR initilised properly.
> now I am debuging for trap_init and flash_init().

Could be that your DDR init code somehow generates an exception that is
triggered once trap_init() is called. This is also know to happen in the
common denali_data_eye code. See here:

#if defined(CONFIG_DDR_DATA_EYE)
                /*
                 * Running denali_core_search_data_eye() when ECC is enabled
                 * causes non-ECC machine checks.  This clears them.
                 */
                print_mcsr();
                mtspr(SPRN_MCSR, mfspr(SPRN_MCSR));
                print_mcsr();
#endif

I suggest you analyse this and the Denali registers for any source/status of a
generated exception.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de