[U-Boot] U-boot running on DDR fails to detect the CFI compliant flash

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jan 18 09:45:56 CET 2010

Hi Prakash,

On Friday 15 January 2010 14:23:35 prakash bedge wrote:
> In October 09 month, I had asked whether U-boot supports M29W128GH, a CFI
> compilant chip and I got a yes reply. Please refer below URL for reference.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg24531.html.

Link not found. Please correct.

> So I have used Uboot for my PPC440 based board.
>
> When I flashed U-boot on flash and then run the Uboot in DDR then U-boot
> running on DDR fails to detect CFI chip M29W128GH (16M x 8 mode).
>
> flash_detect_cfi function gives error that flash not found. I have added
> debug statements for temporary debug purpose.
>  Please see the below error I am getting.
>
> The CFI query address looks different in below code and not as per ST make
> M29W128GH specs. PCIMW.

What's the difference then? Please give an example.

I suggest you take a look at this prelimiary patch:

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-December/065562.html

Please let me know if this helps or not.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de