[U-Boot] [UBOOT] AVR32-UC3 (EVK1100) status

Tobias Frost tobi at frost.de
Sat Jan 30 22:30:21 CET 2010

I received a new toy, one Atmel EVK 1105 evaluation board.
(MCU: AVR32, AT32 UC3A 0512).

The board is quite similar to the EVK 1100. Checking the schematic, the
changes are indeed minor, (like channel for SPI1 instead of SPI0  for
Flash memory)

As I saw on the list that there were some patches to support the 1100,
it seems feasible for me also to add support for the 1105.

So the first question is: How stable / good is the support of the
EVK1100? I read on the avr32linux wiki that there are some issues
("commments needs to be adressed") but I found no details.
So, does it make sense to use this as a starting point?

I'm new to uboot development, so maybe you also have some pointers to
get started.

Thanks!

--
Tobias Frost <tobi at frost.de>