[U-Boot] Need Help in bulding U-boot-2010-06 for OpenRD client

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Jul 7 13:08:28 CEST 2010

Le 07/07/2010 10:09, Prafulla Wadaskar a écrit :

> [...]

Thanks Prafulla, this explains why flashing the u-boot file won't work.

This also leads me to asking a question.

Apparently, some low-level inits are performed by the kirkwood rom boot
code based on the DATA lines in the kwbimage.cfg file rather than by the
u-boot low level inits (this explains why the board config files have
CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT yet would boot from NAND).

But I have another problem that may be caused by this kwbimage.cfg
approach: the u-boot image does not run in RAM when launched from the
current (NAND-loaded) u-boot with tftp and go. Judging from the README
you pointed to, the kirkwood u-boot code probably misses some critical
inits, which the kwbimage.cfg adds to it.

Could it be that the low level init code for the kirkwood always assumes
that all critical inits have already been performed when u-boot starts,
and thus u-boot does not do them at all?

Problem is, kwbimage.cfg has boot options for sata, spi and nand but not
-- of course -- RAM, so I can't fix this 'running from RAM' issue using
kwbimage.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.