[U-Boot] How can i add intterrupt for AT91SAM9260EK board

Reinhard Meyer reinhard.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Thu Jul 29 09:19:42 CEST 2010

Alexander Stein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2010, 08:25:53 schrieb Reinhard Meyer:
>
>> You have add interrupt handling (write source) to AT91 in general and
>> provide a patch for that.
>>
>> But first you have to define why you need interrupts (in the u-boot
>> phase) in the first place.
>>

> One reason would be to workaround errata 44.3.5.1 (RSTC: Reset During SDRAM
> Accesses) on the AT91SAM9G20 which traps the reset interrupt to shutdown the
> SDRAM controller properly -.-

This problem exists in the 9260 and 9G20, I wonder if the 9XE has it,
too (its not documented there).
However it would only prevent initial boot from external NOR or NAND
flash. I am not sure if anyone does that... And -what if- a short
brownout triggers a reset, but the SDRAM chips don't reset their state
machines?

Then, that particular IRQ would not mean enabling IRQs for other devices
in u-boot.
 I would probably add the code in such a manner (board.c) that it does
not need CONFIG_USE_IRQ defined.

Reinhard