[U-Boot] U-boot: Beagle board as a USB Mass Storage Device Class

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jun 11 14:27:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Hi
>> Thanks for your response. I want to tell few more things about our
>> implementation.
>>
>> Actually we are planning to simulate (but not implement) the file system
>> and implement the SCSI transparent command set decoder. When ever a file
>> is sent to the USB mass storage device, we will be taking the content of
>> that file to use for our application. The actual application does not
>> require all the features of a Mass Storage Device; we just want it to look
>> like a Mass Storage Device for transferring the data in the form of a file
>> and for some other usage.
>
> You can also use USB DFU for this where you can transfer files to RAM or
> NAND partitions. DFU is not yet supported in Denx's uboot tree but is
> Available in openmoko's tree
> [http://git.openmoko.org/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary].
> You will have to port back DFU feature from openmoko to Denx's tree.

Thanks for the hint Ajay.  Let me add that DFU is also a "standard"
protocol: http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/DFU_1.1.pdf

So many people will be able to enjoy this in addition to solving this
very specific problem of Yogesh.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
It's very important  that you sleep because that's  when your brain is
garbage  collecting.  And a  dream is  if you  are interrupted  in the