[U-Boot] Peripheral multiplexing in devices

Vipin KUMAR vipin.kumar at st.com
Tue Mar 16 14:37:54 CET 2010

Hi All,

This is with regards to the pad multiplexing in devices.

SPEAr SoCs support pin multiplexing(in hardware) to support multiple
peripherals by selecting a particular mode from a list of ten modes and
then selecting one of the two peripherals which can both be supported in
that mode.
I hope I am clear :)

Now, we want to support this in sw in such a way that we have a single
image for linux for all possible configurations. We intend to do this
though bootloader (u-boot in this case)

SPEAr has an arm platform and linux-arm doesn't seem to support peripheral
multiplexing in the way we want. Though, I could see some stuff fo that
kind in ppc platform supported by u-boot to pass device information to
linux

Do we have a similar way for arm based platforms as well or any other
suggestions.

Regards
Vipin