[U-Boot] EABI 4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 21 18:04:09 CET 2010

Dear Tom,

In message <20100317161258.76fee35c at marrow.netinsight.se> Simon
Kagstrom wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:53:36 -0500
> Praveen G K <praveen.gk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I had a similar problem a few months ago, which turned out to be a
> > > stack alignment issue:
> > >
> > > =A0http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg23202.html
> > >
> > > the behavior was pretty similar, with code built with some compilers
> > > working (by chance) and some others breaking.
> > =
>
> > Great! This does work when added to cpu/arm1176/start.S
> > Is there any specific reason why this was not added to the arm11 stream?
>
> Well, none other than that I didn't realise it affected other platforms
> as well. Looking at the tip, it seems like pretty much all ARM
> platforms are susceptible to this issue. So a mass-fix would probably
> be in place.

This seems serious enough to me that we should try to get this fixed
in the upcoming release.  Do you think you can manage this?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of nature,
because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No  such  faith  comforts
the software engineer.                             - Fred Brooks, Jr.