[U-Boot] u-boot hangs after detecting DDR3 RAM and Flash.

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:21:19 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am facing an error while porting u-boot for my platform because if
exception error.

After running the u-boot to detect the DDR and flash u-boot hangs after
showing the serial console output. In debugger I am seeing PC at 0x00000400
address which the exception handler vector address.

But when I modify the below statement in the function int interrupt_init
(void) in u-boot\lib_ppc\interrupts.c, u-boot continues and I can see the
u-boot prompt and I am able to run all u-boot commands.

int interrupt_init (void)
{
    int ret;

    /* call cpu specific function from $(CPU)/interrupts.c */
    ret = interrupt_init_cpu (&decrementer_count);

    if (ret)
        return ret;

    set_dec (decrementer_count);

---    set_msr (get_msr () | MSR_EE);   //Removed this statement.
++  set_msr (get_msr ());

    return (0);
}

It seems that there is an exception error and because of this u-boot hangs.
But I didn't get any error condition till now.

If someone has earlier experienced this kind of issue, please share.

Regards,
Prakash