[U-Boot] query about USB gadget framework

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Mon May 10 20:53:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

2010/5/10 Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de>:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
>> Looks like there were attempts [2] to do so but I failed to figure out
>> why it was not actually merged. Or was it dropped at some point later?
>> Interesting why.
>
> Well this is strange.  From the link you provide, it seems like Wolfgang
> applied that to mainline, but I also cannot find any trace here of the
> commits of the pull-request.

It has been reverted quite fast after merging into mainline, since it
touched some ARM code that conflicted with other work in progress at
that time.
I planned to push it back in later but did not had the time to do it
properly, and I have to say that there were not many requests last
year to move it forward ;-)

The current status of the CDC branch in the u-boot-usb tree is that it
is fully operational to provide CDC-ECM support (ethernet-over-USB) on
Atmel at91based cores, but it need to be worked up for mainline
integration.

> Whereas Remy asked Wolfgang to pull the next branch.  Maybe this was a
> misunderstanding and nobody (except you) found out....

nope, it was just reverted...

> Remy, what do you think?

I do not expect to have some time for it soon, so if you want to work
it up for mainline inclusion, go ahead!

Kind regards,

Remy