[U-Boot] libfdt: make fdt_increase_size() available to everyone

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu May 20 00:12:11 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Why would this in any way be a board specific implementation? This
> makes no sense to me. The feature to include some binary data into the
> DTB is IMO in no way dependent on or specific to a certain board.

The data I'm trying to embed is firmware for various devices on some of our
SOCs, such as the QE on the MPC8360.  Only boards with SOCs that have these
devices come with firmware, and not all of them require the firmware to be
passed to Linux.

Please note that fdt_increase_size() is just a front-end to fdt_open_into(),
so technically I don't need to fdt_increase_size().  However, you said you
would reject any patch that uses fdt_open_into() in this manner, so we're
back to square one.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale