[U-Boot] Watchdog support for ppc4xx

Mark Maestas maestas at aplabs.com
Thu May 20 00:27:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a question about watchdog support for PPC_4xx.  When I define
CONFIG_WATCHDOG in canyonlands.h, I get an error when building
cpu_init.c.  The error code reads:

{standard input}: Assembler messages:

{standard input}:133: Error: unsupported relocation against tcr

{standard input}:141: Error: unsupported relocation against tcr

{standard input}:146: Error: unsupported relocation against tsr

{standard input}:154: Error: unsupported relocation against tsr

make[1]: *** [cpu_init.o] Error 1

Shouldn't this work?  Also I would like to determine in u-boot if a
reset was caused by the watchdog timer using the TSR WRS field.  If it
was reset by the watchdog we will boot into a failsafe partition to
protect against system update errors.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks

Mark Maestas