[U-Boot] Bootoloader remote automation

Pet Harp petharp at gmail.com
Thu May 27 15:42:02 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I would like to automate the kernel and filesystem loading using the u-boot
instructions.
Basically, I would start the loading process from a remote system such as a
pc computer for example, and then take some actions depending of the log
this pc would receive from the target.
Is there a way to make the u-boot to send some logs to the remote system
telling if the image was succesfully loaded or not so, with this
information, the remote system could create a log that would telll the
operator about the procedure situation for example?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Pet harp