[U-Boot] v2010-rc2: OMAP3 broken

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:48:34 CET 2010

Dear all,

Am 29.11.2010 14:23, schrieb Hiremath, Vaibhav:

>> The system is hanging at
>>
>> fixrel:
>>         /* relative fix: increase location by offset */
>>         ldr     r1, [r0]
>>
> [Hiremath, Vaibhav] pasting error, the actual place is
>
> fixnext:
>         str     r1, [r0]

> Here the value of r0 is relocation offset and not an address.

I do have this error on at92rm9200ek too. I got it down to corrupted
.rel.dyn table by setting two bss values in arch/arm/cpu/at91/timer.c.

Can you try to change your linker script to _not_ overlay _rel_dyn_start
with with .bss?

The other way is to break on board_init_f, display the relevant
(defective) locations in .rel.dyn and step through the for loop for
init_sequence if one destroys the relevant part in .rel.dyn

regards

Andreas Bießmann